Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Moved [Live Update]

I've moved up into my house.  It's been a stretch leading up.  I wouldn't say stressful or frustrating, but a little drawn out.

I'm thrilled to be up there.  It's just as perfect and peaceful as always and on my first night I realized, in addition to everything else, it's firefly season as well.

There is a house, or rather, a deluxe lean-to.

The house has:
  • One room
  • Adjoining outside kitchen
  • No windows yet
  • A 200-lb door
  • no electricity
  • a full-size bed with a semi-firm mattress
The door has:
  • No lock yet
Two puppies live at the house.  Two puppies, brother and sister, did live at the house, but the male has been missing for 21 hours.  I do hope he comes back.  I doubt strongly he left on his own accord, unless to Francisco's house, where he is not.  I hope he hasn't been mistreated by any adolescents.  The puppies are:
  • Sanson: male, dominant, coffee-colored.  current intelligence: 7/10
  • Negra: female, black.  current intelligence: 4/10  current kindness & cuteness: 8/10
 There is a bathroom.  The bathroom is a very pleasant 30-second walk from the house.  The bathroom has:
  • a lovely roof of 'tejas romanos'
  • a poo hole
  • a pee hole
  • a spectacular view
  • a sink, to follow
Right now, I'm eating from a trail mix I created this morning in Panajachel which includes:
  • 1.5 libras raisins (pasas)
  • 1 libra salted (manillas)
  • 5 oz. pepitas (don't know the English)
  • 4 oz. cashews (cashew)
  • 4 oz. almonds (almendras?)
  • 1 oz. sesame seeds (?)
  • 4 oz. coconut (coco)
  • 0 oz. macadamia (macadamia).  no macadamias today.
I hope to return to some writing soon, but I haven't had the freedom to write in the morning as I've been directing my construction.  My presence is required on site most times for rapid decision making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment